Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 5130 PA Turnpike near Pittsburgh

Jeffksf ยท 2009-02-23 21:57

I went snowboarding Sunday at SevenSprings just east of Pittsburgh and saw a Cat 5130 on the PA turnpike near mile marker 70. looks like they are relocating the east bound lanes and got one hell of a rock cut going on. Any PA area HEF members know anything about the job? It was pretty impressive to see the counter weight when rounding the curve. Sorry no camera.

Replies7
  1. #1bigcatpip2009-02-25 18:39

    is that a P.J.deck and trimble job?

  2. #2390eric2009-02-25 18:57

    No its not a PJ D i c k and Trumbull job. Its a Mashuda General contracting job, they worked on it most of the summer then pulled out for winter. I am not sure of the whole scope of the job, but its a nice size one. I live bout hr west of there off the turnpike, right near Mashuda. I get that way bout once a month or so to see the grandparents, so I have been watching the whole job. Had quite a fleet of equipment there but I think that 5130 is all thats left right now. Their equipment yard is pretty full right now and I know half their fleet isnt even there. They have already moved all the bridges that go over the turnpike so they can take out that bend. Thats all I know about that job.

  3. #3Reuben2009-02-27 12:45

    you ever ski at holiday valley. ny

  4. #4Jeffksf2009-02-28 14:13

    I've been to HV plenty of times, been a couple years though. Try to go to Springs for this though (see link) much better then HV's pipe. http://video.yahoo.com/watch/4575370/12250361

  5. #5Reuben2009-03-01 12:03

    actually i just checked out HV's pipe last week and it is really good. I go to hv alot...okay hi jack is over

  6. #6JimBruce422009-06-23 21:54

    On my way to Ann Arbor My cousin got married this past weekend in Ann Arbor, MI :drinkup, which means that my fiance and I got to go on a road trip across most of the Pennsylvania Turnpike. I'd nearly forgotten about this sucker when we came around the bend. Don't pick on the photo quality too much, my gal did the best she could; considering we were doing 55mph+ and she doesn't take photos of equipment anywhere near as much as I do, I think she did pretty good:usa

  7. #7Burnout2009-06-23 22:58

    We'll forgive her this time..... but thats one of those things she'll have to work on.