Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 518 skidder transmission issue

Boo diddle · 2019-01-29 14:16

i have a 92 cat 518 grapple skidder and the tranny won’t engage I check the pressure but I’m not sure what it is supposed to be I have 100 psi right now is that enough? I checked the screen that was clean I want to check the modulator valve is but I don’t know where to find it also does anyone have a manual or schematics for it

Replies6
  1. #1Nige2019-01-29 15:43

    A machine Serial Number would be a good start. That would get you the hydraulic schematic for the powertrain.

  2. #2Boo diddle2019-01-29 16:58

    I will get that posted asap

  3. #3Bluox2019-01-29 21:41

    270 -305 psi. at the transmission filter tap, all forward and reverse speeds. Bob

  4. #4Boo diddle2019-01-30 11:50

    Serial number is on the 92 cat 518 grapple skidder 95U03494K and the Engine Is 07227957

  5. #5Nige2019-01-30 12:22

    The attached may be a good starting point. The engine S/N is actually 07 Z 27957

  6. #6Boo diddle2019-02-01 07:09

    Thank you