Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 6 way dozer blade

Micah Downey · 2022-10-29 13:19

I have a cat 6 way dozer blade that I just bought used. I can get the blade to angle but not tilt. It's a 79 inch blade and the machine is a 299d2. Which button is supposed to operate the solenoid for the tilt? I may have a fuse or wiring issue. Any help is appreciated.

Replies4
  1. #1Chrisso2022-10-29 17:00

    Tilting is done by activating A1 or A2 functions (your right thumbwheel) in conjunction with the C2 function which should be a switch in the cab somewhere that looks like this... All this info should be in your Operation & Maintenance Manual. If this doesn't help post your machine s/n and some pictures of the switches in the cab if possible.

  2. #2Chrisso2022-10-29 17:05

    Oh and 2-speed needs to be turned off for C1 and C2 to work. This is the button that has AUX7 and a rabbit on it. Make sure it's in the AUX7 position.

  3. #3Micah Downey2022-10-29 17:25

    Thanks for the help. This is what I figured out with my own research as well. But it still doesn't work. Time to break out the old test light. Thanks for respoding.

  4. #4Nige2022-10-29 17:40

    It would be if he actually had one.