Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 627h scraper with cat c13 engine idles at irregularly at 200 to 300 RPM

MelvinEby · 2024-11-13 13:28

I am working on the front engine of a cat push pull scraper. My issue is when I start from cold it idles irregularly at about 200 RPM to about 300 RPM for several minutes before speed up and run normal RPM. It also blows some smoke I was able to catch it still smoking after it came up to RPM the one time and when I would cut cylinder number four out the smoke would go away and come back when I turned it back on during the same incident I was able to see that cylinder number four didn’t make a noticeable difference when I cut it out as far as RPM sound go, so I switched injector number four with injector number three but I’ve been unable to catch it while it’s smoking and verify anything since I swapped them wondering what would cause this slow idling condition. The fuel pressure seems to run anywhere anywhere between 70 at idle and 120 at high speed oddly, it doesn’t seem to have any related codes stored except for a stall condition code because the engine stalls out from time to time, when it’s cold, I think it’s when the brake system charges once the engine is warmed up. It seems to run fine, no stalling or smoking.

Replies0

No replies yet.