Looking to put a hitch on my 65d, I have a direct mount 14 yard Reynolds . Which hitch is better, or pros and cons of each, draw bar mount or mount directly to frame ? Anybody know of a place to get a used hitch?
Illinois truck in morris il stark excavating Bloomington il altorfer cat in il would be places I would look. if you could put a solid mount block with 1.5 inc hole on your ag hitch it would probably work for light usage if you have a 14c Reynolds not a super heavy hitch load if just doing topsoil and waterway work I think you woul be fine on factory ag hitch
main thing is hitch needs to be tight no slop
You can build your own pretty easy, pull the old draw bar out, copy where the holes are, mill out a piece of tubing, weld it on the end and slide the new hitch back in and go to work
You haven't said, so I'll ask. Does your tractor have a PTO? If so, it will be more challenging, but you can still build a hitch. Not the best, but I did it for almost 10 yrs and the tractor was fine. You want the hitch point as close to back of tractor as possible. The best hitch is where you pull the ag drawbar and remove the hitch support, then a flat plate gets bolted on and a drawbar with a Reynolds style hookup installs through the flat plate. I pulled my 18 yd on the ag drawbar for the first season behind a 75C with 3000 lbs of weight in the front. It is as far from desirable as you can get. It may not be quite as bad with a 14 yd, but every bump you hit with a load on you'll feel like your doing a wheelie. Not to mention the balance will be off and you won't get as much traction as you should. I bought my hitch through USA Scrapers in Oklahoma. Very reasonable prices and they sell edges and end bits too.