Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat 651a scraper repower

my fitter ยท 2012-12-11 05:33

got one of these tractors with a bump in the block.any body repowered one of these and if so with what cheers

Replies3
  1. #1truckdoctor2012-12-11 07:54

    I've seen them repowered with 3408E model engines and I think Cat dealers in California are repowering with C16's. The Detroit dealer down the street has repowered a few 631's with Series 60 engines. I would say it is open to your imagination and pocket book.

  2. #2coalroller2012-12-12 23:36

    we were looking at some in california this spring that had the tier 3 in them im not to familuiar with them. i like the sounds of the 3408 in them

  3. #3surfer-joe2012-12-14 18:24

    Talk to Quinn Tractor in Bakersfield, California. They have performed a lot of these conversions. From what I hear and have seen, they are a very clean installation and were supposed to meet all CARB requirements for emissions. California CARB is now trying to screw the lid down even tighter on Diesel owners and users, so don't know if these conversions are still available or even worthwhile. Good Luck! Quinn Company 2200 Pegasus Drive Bakersfield, CA 93308 PH: 661-393-5800 FAX: 661-393-7052 email: [email protected] Hours: M-F 7am - 5pm Services: Sales, Parts, Service, Heavy Rents