Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 730 haul truck just bought

Gary Layton ยท 2025-09-06 09:47

SN 00730PB1M03234 I need to order an Operators Manual. How do I parse the above SN to order the correct manual? There seems to be more than one.

Replies7
  1. #1Gary Layton2025-09-06 09:52
  2. #2Nige2025-09-06 10:49

    That's not the Serial Number. It is the Product Identification Number (PIN) - it says so right there on the plate. The Serial Number is the last 8 characters of the PIN, so B1M03234. Use that for all parts & service information. Operation & Maintenance Manual you want SEBU7814 which suits all B1M machines (B1M1-Up as shown below). You can have a download from the Cat Pubs web site within 5 minutes.

  3. #3Gary Layton2025-09-06 11:34

    Thanks a million, Nige. I had tried pb1m but I didn't realize it was supposed to start with a b. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll get the download and also order hard copy. I appreciate your help.

  4. #4Gary Layton2025-09-13 19:21

    I am waiting for my operator's manual to arrive. I've not found the dash icons online yet. What does this symbol on the bottom right of this picture mean? It flashes on and off slowly constantly. This is the first time I've actually run the truck and I am learning to drive it.

  5. #5Nige2025-09-14 02:14

    The hour glass symbol.? That indicates the meter is counting.

  6. #6Gary Layton2025-09-14 03:00

    That makes sense. It does look like an hourglass. Thanks for the clarification.

  7. #7Nige2025-09-14 05:41

    From memory if you observe the hourglass with the key ON, engine OFF, I think it should stay on solid. As soon as the engine is running it's supposed to flash once per second or thereabouts.