Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat 730 need to move non running

zanefair ยท 2025-04-24 09:06

I bought a non running cat 730 about an hour from the house so trying not to drive there 40 times before ready to load. Will these things roll while down? If not what is required to get it to roll?

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2025-04-24 11:09

    Is it an early model, either B1M or B1W Serial Number prefix.? If so the attached procedure will work. See the section titled "Towing a Machine that has an Inoperable Engine." Under those circumstances I would suggest to use a towbar to move the machine. It gives you more control.

  2. #2zanefair2025-04-24 14:29

    any chance you have this section? Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Parking Brake Manual Release".

  3. #3Nige2025-04-24 14:33

    Why yes I do. Note carefully the Safety Advisory that once the parking brake has been manually released the machine has NO brakes at all. This was the reason I advised using a towbar to move it.

  4. #4zanefair2025-04-24 15:33

    Thank you. The plan is to back the landall up to it hook the winch to and also push with a d7 they have on site.