Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 740B brake valve

Pavazhira ยท 2020-08-25 13:13

Out of curiosity what is the function of that black plastic which looks like a cap or a knob on a Brake valve on A CAT 740B Articulated dump truck. Its part number is 183-3873 Gerry

Replies8
  1. #1Nige2020-08-25 15:40

    It's a breather, and should be replaced as a maintenance item every 2000 service hours.

  2. #2Pavazhira2020-08-25 15:47

    Noted with thanks Nige. I saw it today when i was doing my 2000 Hrs service. Lol i will order it tommorow

  3. #3Nige2020-08-25 16:04

    You don't have an O&M Manual..? Did you know that you can download one from Cat for about $50 (with a credit card).

  4. #4Pavazhira2020-08-26 12:06

    I will do that Nige. Thanks very much for your Advice

  5. #5Nige2020-08-26 13:25

    Is your 740B Serial Number prefix L4E..? With that I can give you detailed instructions on how to get the correct O&M Manual. I think it's SEBU8435, I just need to make sure.

  6. #6Pavazhira2020-08-27 10:49

    The serial number is CAT0740BPL4E02636

  7. #7Nige2020-08-27 12:04

    go to - https://catpublications.com/ Click "Continue as Guest" Type SEBU8345 in the box and click Search. You should see the illustration below. $49 for a pdf download available instantly.

  8. #8Pavazhira2020-08-27 14:36

    Thank you