Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 777c

Dylan_18 · 2025-10-27 19:49

How many man hours to replace wear liners in a cat 777c new liners are supposed to be precut ready to weld in just remove old ones and weld new ones in

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2025-10-27 20:00

    A loaded question. I would say it depends on how many divots the body floor has in it and how much work is necessary to fit up the new liner plates.

  2. #2Dylan_182025-10-27 20:11

    Old liners are still intact so I’m assuming floor is pretty decent I’ve done quite a few 30-40 ton articulated trucks never done one this big company wants a quote was just looking for some insight before I send a quote

  3. #3Nige2025-10-28 04:13

    I’d suggest that you cast an eye over it first before assuming. Is the body a flat floor or dual slope.? Will it be on or off the truck.? What length/width is each liner.? What does the liner package involve.? Just the floor or the floor + front wall + side walls.?

  4. #4DDoug2025-10-28 08:52

    Hard to quote something that is a repair. I would prepare an "not to exceed" estimate based on XXX manhours & materials, make sure you document all work expected in your estimate. And I would also include verbage of $XX per hour if the work exceeds the job scope.

  5. #5Vetech632025-10-28 09:04

    Less than a million.