Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 797F first pictures!

equipment fan ยท 2008-06-29 12:13

Hi guys,i was travelling the net this morning and i found that topic on a german forum. Here is the link: http://www.baumaschinenbilder.de/fo...id=20584&sid=1bc53ccb7d87d85bb1af496d9b2c9862 *click on thumbails for original picture*

Replies10
  1. #1Eric2008-06-29 20:54

    If they prove out it won't be long until we see them around here (southwest U.S.). We just got 7 793's from Cat's rebuild plant in Arizona. 793's and 789's have proven to be tops.

  2. #2surfer-joe2008-06-30 18:40

    Oh yes, the new model with the option of mechanical or electric drive. Be interesting to hear how the electrics work out. Cat's first foray in electric drive in many years. I delivered an RV trailer in St. Paul recently, equipment fan, stayed in Joliette however. Pretty country.

  3. #3Ross2008-06-30 20:20

    Oh well Guy's I will keep you informed on the progress. Maybe not this year tho as the talk is they have been posponed. Ross

  4. #4Cat-Peter2008-07-01 10:55

    795f Last friday i talked to an friend who work's in New Boliden open pit copper mine Aitik up north in Sweden. They have ordered 5 793D and an new model 795F they have ordered 10 of them. Cant wait to see them! Have fun! Peter

  5. #5cat4ever2008-07-02 01:30

    They do have 793Ds at Aitik already, don't they? My favorite, the 793D.:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup Anyways I also plan a trip up there. I hear is awesome. On another note, What exactly the letterrin means? B,C,D,F etc on the Cat haulers after the model number? Is there any specific meaning or is just a distinctive form?

  6. #6surfer-joe2008-07-02 14:40

    Equipment fan, I can not answer your question as the forum thinggi says your mailbox is full and needs to be cleared out so it can accept messages.

  7. #7equipment fan2008-07-02 16:06

    surfer-joe,i cleared my mail box.Can you retry please?

  8. #8Cat-Peter2008-07-03 12:52

    Yupp Hi cat4ever Yes they have 5 or 6 793D's in Aitik and and bunch of C models as well. I was there 10 years ago. But i will be back up there within 2 weeks. Got to know an really nice who works there when i was in Malaga last september. This time it will be an private tour with him! It's gonna be really nice! Peter

  9. #9stretch2008-07-03 13:40

    It's simply the letter series, like with their other machines...A or B being the first produced and F being the current choice.

  10. #10cat4ever2008-07-03 19:42

    Thanks stretch. I thought so. Just wasn't sure. A big :drinkup to you!