Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 830 MB

daledubois ยท 2006-10-29 18:07

Here is 2 pictures of a military scraper that I bought at a city auction. It had 236 hours on it when I bought it and it now has a little over 500 since it was remanufacted. It wasn't running the best when I got it as the turbo had rusted fast. I installed a new turbo and drove it 100 miles up the highway bringing it home. Its about equal with a 621 but gets around or soft ground better.

Replies4
  1. #1DigDug2006-10-29 18:45

    You drove that 100miles up the highway. Congrats , your my hero!

  2. #2daledubois2006-10-29 19:22

    I drove it from Jasper Indiana to Patricksburg Indiana on Hyway US231. It don't drive that bad as it has good brakes, drives more like an oversized truck. It was permitted for the trip. I've had 2 more of these over the years, they had cable pans and no brakes. They will get along at about 30mph.

  3. #3DigDug2006-10-29 19:47

    HAHAHAHA thats hillarious! I love it. :thumbsup

  4. #4chris allen2016-03-03 17:23

    Hey Mr Dale, we have an mb830 aswell, ours didn't come with a push blade nor the pan behind it, were having issues trying to figure out the hyd plumbing on the rear or the tractor, on witch lines hooked to the pan an were, we have a big pull behind chopper that were gonna pull behind it an wanta figure the hyds out to use attachments, we have 2 big lines 2 medium lines an 2 small lines, it seems the control valve don't have 2 lines pers valve like normal valves do. is there any information or pics ya can send me to help us out with this machine, were from south Georgia an theres nothing near us to look at or compare too thx