Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 914 G fault codes

Mcat914g · 2022-01-11 15:02

Hi, got stuck with my Cat. I have 1 and 7 blinks, so 17. any one who can help with wath the code means?

Replies7
  1. #1ahart2022-01-12 20:46

    Serial number please?

  2. #2Mcat914g2022-01-13 08:10

    9wm01864

  3. #3ahart2022-01-13 19:26

    Im not having any luck finding the chart that converts the blink codes to the associated diagnostic code. What symptoms are you experiencing with the machine?

  4. #4Nige2022-01-14 03:42

    See Page 4 of the attachment. The problem is, as I already informed the OP, there is no "17" Diagnostic Code listed. The only thing I can suggest is to get ET hooked up to it and read the Diagnostic Codes that way. The symptoms are described here. This was an existing thread so start at Post #22 on Page 2. HeavyEquipmentForums

  5. #5ahart2022-01-14 18:57

    Very good Nige, Thank you for that. SIS kept referring me to "troubleshooting- diagnostic code list" to go from the blink code to the CAT code and that particular route did not yield the results I was looking for.

  6. #6Nige2022-01-15 03:16

    You’re not the only one who had difficulty finding it. Why the Code List was in General Information section I have no idea.

  7. #7Nige2022-01-20 08:18

    To the OP. Did you get any further with this.? If it was mine I would have the dealer come to the machine with ET not to fix the problem but simply to read what Codes were present in the Transmission Control. While they were hooked up to it a download of the Product Status Report (PSR) from all the electronic modules on the machine, that they could give to you as a pdf file, would also be extremely useful.