Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 914 G Select Forward Blows 10 Amp Main Power Fuse

jmkr02 ยท 2012-11-01 14:54

I have a CAT 914 G I can go in reverse and everything is good. I Shift to forward it blows the 10 amp main power relay circuit. I put a new main power relay coil in and still have the same issue.

Replies1
  1. #1kbeen2012-11-01 22:13

    i dont know your serial # but the 914G shows to have a solenoid valve mounted on top of the main hydrastatic pump on the rear of the engine. there are 2 solenoid coils on it. i would say for reverse and forward. possible the forward solenoid coil is pulling to much current. try un-plugging the solenoid at the 4 wire plug and then see if it still blows your fuse when shifting into forward direction. if so you may have a wiring shorted out. good luck.