Hey everyone, I need to change the oil in my transmission. Does anyone know where the fill is? The dealership gave me one filter and 2 gallons of oil. I found 2 filters, both labeled hydraulic, but no fil points. Thanks for any info. 1998 Cat 914G
Can you post a Serial Number. It makes looking up the info you need much easier.
09WM01080
Thanks for that. Attached the procedure for changing the oil. According to the manual the capacity is 1.1 gallons of SAE10W hydraulic oil. Transmission filters are often also suitable for hydraulic systems so what you were given for the transmission could well be labelled as a hydraulic filter. What Part Number were you given.? i would suggest that you invest $50 in an Operation & Maintenance Manual. You can download one from HERE , just put SEBU6868 in the box and click the Search button.
Thank you for the information and sorry it took me almost a year to respond.
I thought that when I saw the date on the last post..........