Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 918F Dash Gauges

sagepf ยท 2021-01-08 12:43

I recently purchased a 1992 Cat 918F (S/N 3TJ00077) from a local sawmill that was shutting down. It's a good running machine and haven't had any problems with it the short time I've had it. The one issue it does have is the dash gauges don't work and the fuse for the electronic monitoring system was blown and popped a good one when I replaced it. Where would be the first place to look for an issue? Also, the hour meter says the machine has 47638 hours. Is this correct? The machine has been used but it doesn't look like it has that many hours on it. Thanks in advance for any help.

Replies2
  1. #1Nige2021-01-08 16:26

    Kudos for posting the Serial Number. That gets you the electrical schematic. Keep an eye on your PMs.

  2. #2sagepf2021-01-08 21:40

    Thanks Nige!