This customer has a neglected 920 loader with brake problems caused by water in the brake fluid. I have replaced the brake fluid reservoir (holes rusted in it); both master cylinders (bores rusted and pistons stuck) and most of the brake tubing and the hose in the center pivot area. I had hoped -silly me) that the calipers would be OK, but there is one or more calipers sticking and brakes dragging. Has anyone had luck with disassembly and resealing these? Parts guy at Milton said reman was available, maybe. But the estimated cost of about 1300 clams each is giving the owner pause. My plan is to confirm that a reman is available if I need it and then pull the worst one to see if it can be fixed, with a reman as a backup. WWJD?
Have him give you a Reman Part Number would be my suggestion. The original 6K-9253 & 6K-9254 (left & rigth-handed) Caliper Assys listed for 6K3353 both service to 8R-0809. Despite the "R" in the P/N this is not a Reman part as far as I can see.
Thank you, Nige. The owner and I will sit down and discuss this next week. Right now he’s got spring farm work on his mind, and a lot of equipment to get ready. OD
Hello my friend I have a similar machine, cat 920, I overhauled everything. But the machine shifts gears very hard, what do we do? pressures 21 bar front pressure 5 bar But when I put it in 1st gear it immediately starts moving very hard. It's like there is no torque in the machine. Does anyone have any knowledge about this? thanks