serial number 9sw01157 I think I'm right last 2 digits are screwed up .. Anyway it doesn't go into to 4 th gear code is 681-2 irradic signal ,no signal ... I tested the high speed solenoid and no current other then 4.9 ..tested 3 th gear and saw it jump to 11.9 from 4.9 volts.. New gear selector on steering column replaced before I started working at shop and it didn't fix 4th gear .. other then selector , solenoid and wiring whats in between ?
hi Truecountry, could you double check that code please as it is not for power train Mark
Mid081-cid0668-fmi02
That's for the shift lever. There is a long & involved diagnostic procedure for it. PM me with your email address if you want a copy.
hi ,check the date code on the shift lever before you get too involved in the test procedure, as there was a bad batch of levers out there ,also these machines have had a lot of modes over the years Mark
This is all I see on shifter 130-6260 uauunn nm
ok I did the troubleshooting nige sent me and looks like ecm is bad ..call caterpillar to see if they can test it never called me back
hi,do you know the history of the machine, over the years I have had a lot of people wanting me to lockout 4th gear for there particular operation Mark
I was just about to say the same thing. Get someone to connect ET and check if fourth gear has been disabled. It's not usual for a tranny ECM to fail with this kind of problem.
I have 2015a et but I'm new to it .its black market but it will delete all codes so I can see if I'm fixing or not and watch whats going on.no sis yet...I been doing the troubleshooting nige gave me I got to step 8 jumping wires and 4th gear is irradic signal ,no signal ....as I see it not locked out Put old shifter on it ..and only 2nd gear forward reverse though all gears ...no codes just 2nd gear watching et while you turn shifter ... Now just to see what troubleshooting didn't check I un plugged each solenoid on trans and noticed 3.92 volts and shifter to forward 1st 2nd 3rd turned a swing of 11.93 on all for a sec or two then drop back to 3.92 ...fourth gear no change 3.92 tested both 4th gear or high speed solenoid wires and tested good no short no breaks I found a used ecm but has to be flashed to work with my machines serial number can this be done with et? and how Am I looking to far or missing something caterpillar tells me the rebuild them for 1600 but cant tell me if they can check them to see if bad bull **** if its rebuildable its testable got to know whats bad to fix it right.... As much money as I spend with them I'm about ready to disown them....They hate when I call and need a tech call out ( cause its always weird **** going on and they are like *** ) because ive did all he can do and I get a I dunno from tech ....Last one I knew from my old job came out seen me and asked what have you tried I tolded him and he got on et and cell phone same time and saided ...no charge you have checked everything we would check and why waste your time and money...Call us when it wont move..