Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 924G wiring question

Diagonal Brace ยท 2008-11-15 20:15

Has anyone wired a set of reverse lights on this type of loader? I tried hooking into the backup alarm but this did not work. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Replies3
  1. #1Steve Frazier2008-11-15 20:32

    You ought to be able to use the lead to the backup alarm to trigger the lights in some way. I'm not specifically familiar with the electrical system of the 924, is the lead to the alarm 12v positive?

  2. #2bobin352008-11-15 20:54

    I believe the hot wire to backup alarm is powered up all the time when you reverse the machine it compleaes a circuit through ground

  3. #3Steve Frazier2008-11-15 23:12

    If that's the case, you need to run to an auto parts store and get a generic fog light relay. Read the diagram and set it up for a ground actuation and run the hot outlet from the relay to your lights.