Hello! I recently purchased a 2009 cat 924h. When bought, the 3rd valve hydraulic lines were capped off on the boom (I am assuming they were never used). I bought the lines and tubes to route the 3rd valve lines from the boom through the quick attach. I hooked up my Kage hydraulic angle plow to it and it worked for a while. Recently it has been working on and off and more recently it has rarely worked; it has gotten worse as time has gone on. I replaced the joystick on it which came with a new roller switch, that did not fix the issue (I needed to replace the F,N,R rocker switch anyways). Also, if I play with the roller switch, it will sometimes work but has started keeping pressure until I hit the switch again. I’m leaning towards the valves being stuck in the block under the joystick. Either that, or the solenoid for the 3rd valve is sticking. The new valve assembly is $1400. Is there a way to clean these or has anyone had a similar issue ? I’ve posted pictures below of the valve assembly and what I think is the solenoid for the 3rd valve. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
First thing you should be checking is the electrical side. To do that you’ll need an electrical schematic and to identify the appropriate one for your loader will require a Serial Number.