Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 928G Z – block heater?

Sk187 ยท 2012-12-16 10:24

I have a rental 928G Z loader for snow removal this winter and cannot find any place on it for a block heater. The Deere's we have all have a port with a threaded plug you remove and install the block heater. Does anyone know where a block heater goes on a 928G Z or have a picture of what one looks like?

Replies3
  1. #1Diagonal Brace2012-12-16 13:17

    Find someone who sells Phillips Temro products and they should be able to help. It involves removing a frostplug from the side of the block. From what I remember it is on the LH side. The instructions included with the heater should tell you everything you need to know.

  2. #2Lee-online2012-12-16 19:01

    I think it is on the block under the turbo. It depends what 928G you have and if it has a 3116 or a 3056E. They install where a freeze plug goes.

  3. #3Sk1872012-12-17 13:39

    Thanks for the replies looks like it is a 3056E with a frost plug port for the heater. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.