can anyon ehelp..ideas..have a cat 928h loader loader....when raising arms and cycling bucket...slow...hydraulic shutter...gets better when rev engine....pump issue??seems like flow....any ideas...thnx dsltch
Is the fluid aerated?
not that i know of mike....
the final result of this thread would be.....after I waited for cat to show up to take some pressure readings I already figured it out oldschool.......sthethascope the implement pump....a rattly noise I detected so I removed the pump assembly...disassembled for inspection...found the implement vane pump had several broken vanes on rotor.....called a contact I had at cat...he confirmed they had low hour failures on these pumps.......ordered a reman pump supposedly there updated.........reinstalled and problem solved.......they als o said they went went back to gear pumps on the larger loaders for durability............
Hi, where is the vane pump located, I'm having the same issue with our 928h loader.
Hi, where is the vane pump located, were having the same issue with our 928h loader.
Not all 928H machines have a vane-type implement pump. A Serial Number would help.
The serial number for the 928h I have is. 0928HLCXK00245, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Here you go. The pump is Ref #2 in the illustration below. Just to get you orientated regarding the sketch. You are on the RH side of the machine looking at the transmission. You can just see the parking brake drum at the bottom RH corner of the illustration. The pump mounts directly over the top of the transmission and connects to the accessory drive (taken from the top of the torque converter) that is between the transmission and the engine. This pump serves three functions, implement, steering, & pilot.