Well it arrived and not knowing much history of this new equipment I'm looking for any help possible? Its a Caterpillar 930K vin RHN01765 The intention is to add a large snow blade to clear a new subdivision. Any ideas are more then welcome? The only issue I have found so far is the transmission fluid was foaming and spilling out of the breather. I'm going to replace the filter and fluid. wondering what fluid to use? Like to find Operators/Service manuals for this. Thanks Mike
Search for them in the usual places but be aware of new prices before you buy. Parts Manual - SEBP5136 Operation & Maintenance Manual - SEBU8720 Service Manual - UENR0275 (a paper version will also contain SEBU8720 if it is complete). $1285 in paper form, $915 on a CD.
That’s more of a transfer case than an actual transmission, it’s driven by a hydraulic motor. Could just be overfull. If it is overfull the motor seal may be the culprit.
See the attached. You will have a better idea than me what your ambient temperature ranges are.
Well first day putting the loader out in service it came back with a burst hose! 300-9104 It comes from the hydraulic tank to the pump behind the motor. Id imagen will have to drain the tank or all the fluid will end up on the ground! Is there a drain for the hydraulic tank? And or instructions to replace the fluid in the tank?
See attached. That's how much you need the O&M Manual...........
Thank You so much Nige You are so very helpful In these stressful situations ! Thanks again Mike
Save yourself the agro for the future and download a copy of the O&M from the Cat Pubs web site. It will set you back the equivalent in CAD of US$75 and is worth its weight in gold. Just put SEBU8720 in the box and click the Search button.
Thanks I did D/L SEBU8720 and yes will find this very helpful! Was at the Dealer and they could not find the drain for the tank, they are going to submit this to SIS 2.0 for further update I believe?
Well that’s where I found the procedure to change the hydraulic oil, which TBH I did not read in detail. EDIT: I have now read it and the procedure seems fairly clear, although it is a little different to simply removing a plug on the bottom of the tank. Any questions please shout out.
It said to remove the panel under the cab, did find the accumulators but no access to the hydric tank. I ended up removing one of the case drains and emptied the tank. The dealer had suggested to pump out from the fill? all good but would think they would of had a better idea to drain the tank.
See Step 3 of the procedure. "Open the drain valve on the right-hand side hydraulic oil return manifold under the cab". This is what you are looking for. I have highlighted it on Pages 1 & 2 of the attachment.
First we are talking about possible hydraulic oil transferring into the drive box and then we blow a case drain hose. I would be doing a case drain pressure check on that drive motor.
Nice found the drain! " me being blind" No need to remove the cover under the cab, and this is a lower point to drain it completely! Thanks Nige Now Mobiltech has me concerned if I might have further issues! What pressures should I find and were to check? Could possibly be a issue with the drive motor? I was thinking it was an issue with viscosity of the fluids as its has become very cold here! and this loader came from the south, I'm adding a block heater for this reason!
What viscosity oil are you using.?
I have 100 liters of 10w on the way. hoping this would be for our climate?
It depends on how low your ambient temperatures are for startup. If it is regularly below -20 DegC then you might be better using a TO-4 multigrade such as an 0W-20. See the tables in Post #4.
OK This might be a eye opener! I was thinking 10w would be the happy medium as -10 to -40 would be our average temps its being used! Thought Irving's TO-4 10W would be what to use?
This is what my supplier suggested? would he bel leading me astray?
Do you buy this brand on a regular basis.? Do you have previous (positive) experience of other products from the same manufacturer.? The spec sheet is very typical of an "off-brand" lubricant. Personally I was never too keen on the "Applications/Claims/Suitable for Use" (aka smoke & mirrors sales pitch) tag. I prefer to see one or more of the following unequivocal statements on the spec sheet........... This product meets or exceeds the requirements of.... This product has the following approvals.... This product is recommended for use in applications requiring.... Do you not have a Petro-Canada distributor local to you.? They produce some good TO-4 oils, including a multigrade. https://petrocanadalubricants.com/en-ca/brand/produro-to-4-plus
We do! But to play it safe I have ordered the TDTO TMS Multi Grade from Cat for the transmission and replacing all the filters. Hopefully this will solve the foaming problem? The burst hose was from rubbing a clamp so not the same issue? Thanks for the advice Nige
Went ahead and did use all cat fluids! Will know next week if this solved the issues?
Replaced the filter and had the proper level half way between min/max and after the first use found the sight glass foamed up? What could possibly be the issue?
Did you cut the old filter for inspection.? Find anything.?
That I will do, would seem after using it for a few hours it has cleared up1 The level has raised to the top of the bubble so will drain a bit out to bring it back to the center, it might be the fresh fluid filling voids?
Maybe run it for a while until you get the level correct. Certainly use the sight glass to set the level rather than simply pouring in the quantity specified by the O&M. Remember the quantity in the manual is only approximate and alaso the number that's printed there could be in error. I would certainly recommend that you cut the filter, if only for confirmation that nothing in the system is making metal.