We are looking at both machines and have tried both on our jobs. Just wanted to know if anyone had any thoughts, good or bad on either or both machines. Thanks, Chris
I just bought a 924K, price was better than a Volvo L 60G. I think machines are both good. I have a 924G high lift at the moment and an IT24F, traded the F on the K. Machine will probably be here next week so I can't tell you yet whether it is good or not. I like the looks on the Volvo better but that doesn't really matter does it? What is important is your dealer, distance, parts, service etc.
Hi Dennis, Thanks for the info and input on the loaders. We have tried both machines and I am not sure about the hystat drive on the Cat. You are right about the dealer support and parts. We are still waiting on the prices. They actually brought out a smaller bucket for the Cat because in our sandy ground conditions we could not get a full bucket. Let me know how you like the K when you get it. Thanks again, Chris
I was not sure about the hydro drive either but I have heard from other colleagues that it is Ok. It was actually a sales argument for the Volvo salesman, theirs is still powershift. The new Cat performance series buckets seem like good buckets to me...
Plus on the hydro drive you can control your rim pull to match your sandy underground conditions, eliminating slip, making you able to fill your bucket more...
The Volvo salesman told us the same thing. We have tried to adjust the rim pull. We even had 2 factory guys come down and do some re programming on the computer. The one guy said they need to send machines down for us to test because if they work where we are they would work anywhere I guess the biggest problem is it takes a while for me to feel confident in technology.
Oh we're going to be learning a few weeks too I guess, especially my uncle... And there will be things that we don't use/need but I like the diff lock and the fact that you do not have to shift anymore. We're a dairy farm, the machines get run a lot between 2nd and 3rd gear, 1st gear only to dig into the silage pile or when doing manure loading or doing dirt work. Ours gets a different quick coupler though, so we can use all the tools and buckets from our other loaders.