Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 931/3204 Fuel Delivery Pump Model

rcoffman · 2025-06-13 14:27

Afternoon all, I have a DI3204 in my 931, and the fuel delivery pump needs to be replaced. It's the original Diesel-Kiki unit (now Zexel), and Bosch discontinued these pumps in the early 2020s. The part number on my unit is 105220-4050, which, from what I found, is interchangeable/superseded by 105220-4060. I have only been able to find the Chinese aftermarket 4060 pumps, which can be hit or miss. My local diesel fuel shop has found a new Bosch/Zexel pump in Japan, as no units are available in North America or Europe. The part number for that pump is 105220-6610. From what I can tell, they look like the same pump with the primer in the left port and the feed line to the fuel filter housing in the right port in the correct orientation. Does anyone here have any insight on why Bosch has so many different part numbers for the 105220 base casting? The only difference I have spotted is the difference between which port is used for the primer and supply line. Thanks, Rob

Replies10
  1. #1thepumpguysc2025-06-13 14:39

    They can be rebuilt.. new valves and springs and new seats cut.. even the main spring and piston can be replaced.. Have u checked the screen in the inlet banjo bolt.??

  2. #2rcoffman2025-06-13 14:52

    So I already rebuilt it with a Bosch kit. It was when I was reinstalling the parts that the centering/fuel line connector sheared in half at the threads. I don't have a picture of the broken fitting, but I don't know if I'll be able to get the broken piece out of the pump casting.

  3. #3Tyler d4c2025-06-13 15:25

    Would these be the same pump as on a bosch pump such as a 4430 john deere tractor. Or close enough to work youll get the addition of a sediment bowl. I got one about a year ago

  4. #4rcoffman2025-06-13 16:25

    @Tyler d4c do you have a picture or a part number of that pump for a 4430? I'm not having much luck finding a picture of that doing the old jazz hands routine on Google.

  5. #5thepumpguysc2025-06-13 19:53

    That piece is a straight fitting, sealed with either an oring or copper gasket.. It will unscrew with your fingers.. Coffmans pump has a roller that rides on the cam and I think Tyler’s has a rod.??

  6. #6rcoffman2025-06-21 01:39

    So I bought a used "for parts" pump and rubbed what I needed from it. The real fun part was getting the pump off in the first place and then back on. Naturally the boom was down so I had to work in-between the boom arm and cylinders. I wouldn't recommend it if it could be avoided. After that, it was getting out the thread section in the pump body without doing any damage. For anyone needing to do a similar job I strongly suggest having a rebuild kit on hand so you don't have to reuse the copper crush washers.

  7. #7thepumpguysc2025-06-21 07:16

    DGK301.. or DGK301-H (w a H.P.)

  8. #8rcoffman2025-06-21 08:55

    DGK301-H. I needed a new priming pump so I opted for that one.

  9. #9thepumpguysc2025-06-21 12:50

    GOOD ADVICE on the copper gaskets.. The inlet and hp are some real odd sizes.. NORMALLY u could go to your copper gasket box and grab a couple.. but not this size.. I’ve been trying for 40 years to find “extras” & it’s a no-go.. I think they did that purposely so u would HAVE TO buy a kit.??

  10. #10rcoffman2025-06-21 12:58

    Those were honestly some of my thoughts when I first found the mangled copper washer on the piston cover. I found a parts diagram pretty easily, but only the picture with no numbers listed. Super frustrating that I found the visual half, but not the all important part number sheet to go with it.