Check the thread below for some pictures. please let me know if you are interested. May start parting out machine, if all else fails.
What area of the country is the location of your 931b, shipping costs. Thank, sam.
Chesapeake, va = zip code is 23322
Back in time, 1968, I lived off hey 17, behind the old Tab drive lnn. worked at helicopter school. Sam.
It is ironic that you lived so close by. It was not that long ago that I was stationed at Fort Bragg, NC. If you want to set aside some time to come see this loader, I can tell you that the drive is around 4 hours. Please PM me (for specific details), if you are ready to check it out. Thanks.
Thanks for your reply, I have been working up in roanoke county , my cat is doing okay, but the bucket has a need for a welding repair, and a new pin. I think if I keep working hard, the transmission will have to be overhauled. I have been working in second gear, up and down the road. , the problem with working up there is the surety fee that must be paid to the country. And everything you do must be drawn by a engineers, and surety fee paid. And it can take years to get a refund, if you're lucky to complete everything. Sam.
Damn. That sounds like too much effort for the lowest bidder to go through. Surety??!! How do you like your loader? Does it have enough power to do what it was designed for? I am asking because I rarely get the chance to operate these machines; I'm usually the guy who is stuck with fixing everything. How many hours do you have on yours??
I have a 29 Y 01688 that I think is close to your cat, not sure how many hours but I have replaced the undercarriage and even recoil springs. The engine seems to be very good, and it's water is good. I also rebuild the brakes, clutches, and a lot of stuff, the tilt cylinders, and new bearing I feel like you're machine is in a lot better shape than the one I purchased. If all yours needs motor work, then you should get yours running. The going rate is 75 to 90 and hourly up there. I went through a big rock area, that a smaller machine would not have done the job. I don't think that you can get a better small loader than the 931b.
I do want to repair this one. I really, really do. I am more leery now about all of the other components on the machine. I lucked into buying this one. I bought 5 different pieces for less than what a good running 931b sells for. So, I think this machine may have to wait a little bit longer before I know for sure. I do like the size of this machine. It is a solid built machine. I am hoping to keep this loader for a long time once repaired. I would like to look at / obtain a copy of the repair / service manual for my machine. I did just sell a machine today that opened up some more wiggle room. I am probably going to repair / sell a few other machines to open up even more wiggle room, then hop back on to this one. Do you have any pictures of your machine on this forum? What are the odds that you have a repair manual? Any help you can lend will be greatly appreciated.
I would like to venture into a grading / clearing company. I have NO experience with it, but I have the interest & drive to want to do it. Do you do that sort of work in the Fayetteville area? What sort of rate should I expect? I am considering buying a dump truck to better haul my 931b around when running. I've also got a ford 555d backhoe that I'd be moving around for future job sites, too. I just don't want to get my hopes up too far, then find out I will wont make enough to cover my expenses. I currently have 4 BOBCAT skid steers & two equipment trailers, too.
I found a buyer!!!
SOLD it today! It left out on a trailer TODAY! I actually made $1,000 profit. Who could have imagined it would have turned out this way???
Did you mention this forum to the new owner, would be interested to know how the machine ends up?
I think the last thing he want's to do is let the buyer read that he paid too much.