Just purchased this loader #8AJ01502 and trying to get her into shape.But now, I find the machine will not hold itself up.All functions work normal,except the down pressure hold.You can fill the bucket,let it sit over night and it will drift only a couple of inches.But if you lift the front wheels,it will drift back to the ground in a couple seconds.Its acts like there is a check that's not holding. The bottom line is,I't does not drift down,only up!---I should add,the pump makes no noise, all other functions have good power,and speed.And the filter is clear.
You have the Cushion Ride on. Later Bob
That is possible,I have only roaded it a couple miles,and not sure if that function is working.I will try to check it tonight or tomorrow.Is it possible to be stuck on, without a fault indicator light?
Bob,just went out and flipped the switch.And it did make a big difference,the oil is cold,but it now takes around twenty five seconds to drift back to the ground from full lift.
It shouldn't drift that much but there are many things in the cushion ride valve section that can go wrong. The Check Valve is well known for breaking up. The section needs to be removed for servicing the check valve. Later Bob
Bob,thanks for the insight.My primary day job is automatic transmission repair,so I'm comfortable in pulling the control valves down for inspection.Seeing how the 936 lacks about two inches of coming in the garage door (with the tires down) It's going to have to wait till warmer weather.There is no telling how long it has been like this,so another four or five months most likely won't matter.
O,B One last thing,are the valves and springs available individually.I would hate to tear into the control only to find out I could only buy a complete Assy,that I'm sure I could not afford!
All individual parts except spool and housing. Have dealer print you the system operation pages for the cushion ride. I don't advocate just changing parts but in this case you might want to replace the solenoid valves. The solenoid valves can be changed without draining the hyd oil. Later Bob
If you want the SysOp for the Ride Control system PM me your email address and the machine Serial Number.
Why would you care if it drifts up? The engineers didn't put much effort into ensuring it didn't drift up, because it isn't designed to push down, only lift a load, yeah?
We do a fair bit of grading with it, and I cannot maintain down pressure without holding it down.