Did a job at the weekend ,cleaning up fence line after a big flood .Got some wire wrapped around the final drive Causing the final drive seal to leak .. Anyone got the procedure to remove the planetary drive to replace the seal ? It is a powershift ,not Hydrostatic drive .
Are you sure it's a planetary? Any powershift I have seen were pinion and bull gear and they pull with a three leg press. You might have weights bolted to the sprockets. Later Bob
I will take a Photo of it Bob ,But I am fairly sure it is a planetary hub ,as it does have oil bungs in it .
Okay, if it's planetary the cover is bolted together with the sprocket rim bolts plus a few smaller assembly bolts. At least the ones I have seen are. Need to split the cover and remove it, then pull the sprocket. Have to get the holes clean and use new hardware for sprocket. Any drag on the bolts comes off the effective torque and bolts can come loose. Later Bob
Looks like Luck was on my side for a change .Removed the wire , Cleaned the trackframes down and worked it for a bit . Trackframe stayed oil free .,so fingers crossed it stays that way . Thanks for your advise Bob .
Good luck Ian, buy a few lotto tickets and a box of 4X brew. Keep an eye on things, send a pic of final too please. Later Bob
I would still think you got into the duo cone seal as it was leaking. I would keep a very close eye on the oil levels or a 50$ part will become a 5000$ part.
Bob , This is the Hub on the 939 .
Ian, those are weights and the bolts go through holes in the sprocket. Remove them and proceed with pulling the sprocket. Later Bob
O, Ok Bob ,Sorry to mislead you .
The best thing about those planetaries is they dont LEAK! Later Bob
Hi Ian, I know a small company in Brisbane that specializes in track loaders and has the pulling gear to remove sprockets for final drive replacement if you get stuck, Cheers