Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 941 – Adding ROPS/FOPS ??

Joe Conti ยท 2018-01-22 12:27

Hello. Brand new to cat and to this forum. Thank you in advance for any input and advice you all can offer. I'm looking to purchase a cat 941 (80H1666 - serial #). I had a buddy who is a cat mechanic look it over and he gave it overall a thumbs up for its age and use. My question is, this particular model does not have ROPS/FOPS on it (I've noticed some of them do, some don't). being very new to using this type of machinery, I think it might be a good idea add this to this machine. Is that possible? where might i find one to purchase used or can it be fabricated? the ones Ive seen have mounting hardware/places on the sides, however the one I'm looking at does not. I'm thinking more of things falling on me, than this thing rolling over, as I'm going to mostly be on flat level ground, so the structural integrity of ROPS vs. a FOPS is possibly not as important. I plan on doing mostly dirt movement on a small farm and pushing together some burn piles but an occasional tree going over doesnt seem to unlikely, which is why I'm thinking the FOPS. thank you for any insight you all can offer. Cheers! Jr

Replies0

No replies yet.