Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 941b winch

charles walton ยท 2020-05-03 13:27

Can anyone tell me what kind of winch would be a good fit for my newly purchased 941b?

Replies5
  1. #1Welder Dave2020-05-03 13:55

    I don't think winches were too common on track loaders and you'll need to have all the controls to run the winch as well.

  2. #2mowingman2020-05-03 19:21

    Hulcher Services and other train derailment contractors have winches on Cat 977 loaders. However, I am not sure of the model, and as mentioned, you have to have special controls etc. It will probably cost more for the winch, mounting, and controls, than your machine is worth. Do you have enough use for a winch to justify the cost? If so, try Midwest Equipment in Tulsa. If they don't have them available, I bet they can tell you where to get one.

  3. #3sawmilleng2020-05-03 19:37

    You might consider hydraulic winches as well. I've seen some pretty beefy ones mounted on forestry equipment. That avoids any issues trying to hook up to a pto which the machine might not have any design allowance for. (Hopefully some of the wizards with access to cat records can answer that question) Hydraulics may simplify the winch controls since they will likely be just hoses and a couple of valves. Jon.

  4. #4charles walton2020-05-04 12:57

    I have seen some 955l models with a winch. I would like to find an old loader with one but they might not be available for the 941. I am not going to spend a crazy amount on it.

  5. #5Old Magnet2020-05-04 17:14

    Requires the PTO attachment (transfer gears) to run an interruptible PTO on the 941B. Pretty rare arrangement for running the Hyster D4E or D4F winch.