Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat 943

john1066 ยท 2015-01-10 23:08

My uncle has this machine I never ran one till I got on this one. Is there a way to change the bucket controls so they are like a wheel loader.

Replies11
  1. #1ih1002015-01-11 11:31

    Bit of a vague question. Have you got three levers or a joystick and second lever for the 4:1? You can have either set-up on a wheeled loader as well. By the way, that looks a well-maintained little loader, how many hours does it have on the meter? I operated one just like it back in the '90's and rated it way easier to trim with than the 953/963's. Do you have the extra weight on the rear or do you find it okay without? Some operators thought they were a bit nose-heavy without the weight, I never had a problem without it personally.

  2. #2Deliacorpny2015-01-11 11:43

    Hey man it's funny that's laquillas old 943 outta bklyn! I looked at that machine last winter for sale in there shop ! I wound up buying the 953 they had cause that 943 wouldn't move towards or reverse! What was the issue w that thing ??

  3. #3Dickjr.2015-01-11 11:52

    That is a nice looking 43. I wonder why they quit making them. I'd prefer that over a 939 any day. I think Deere is making a 605 that's close to the 943.

  4. #4john10662015-01-11 16:17

    It has 2 lever with a third for the 4 in 1. I don't like the bucket curl seems backwards to me. I'm not sure what was wrong with it I'm not around it a lot.

  5. #5Cmark2015-01-11 16:56

    There's no pilot controls on that machine. Just mechanical linkages. You'd have to have a look to see if the bell crank can be reversed, but I would guess that it can't be easily achieved. You could consider exchanging the positions of the hoses to the cylinder but, without looking into the details, I would say you would need to also exchange the line relief valves and see if there's a makeup valve in the tip circuit. If there is, that idea won't work. On balance, it's probably going to be easier to get used to it the way it is.

  6. #6Dickjr.2015-01-11 17:07

    When you push the bucket it rolls back , pull it , then dumps?

  7. #7bvfdfire2015-01-11 17:40

    The cat crawler loaders have that stick layout for a very long time, best I can remember, the lift and bucket sticks are flipped from the crawler and rubber tiered loaders as well, the last two 963's that I ran were outfitted with wobble sticks, easier to pick up, but still different. The toughest loader that I ever operated was a 950H STIC steer, all functions were in the yoke shaped steering wheel. It was a booger to road down the street.

  8. #8john10662015-01-11 17:57

    Exactly what it is

  9. #9qball2015-01-11 19:18

    Get used to it, you'll soon learn to love it.

  10. #10john10662015-01-11 20:36

    I won't be spending much time on it anyway was just asking

  11. #11BCOWANWHEELS2015-01-23 23:56

    that is a nice looking machine