Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 943 bucket arms

Tfolger ยท 2023-10-19 18:47

Advice needed, Looks like both loader arms are slightly 1/2โ€ bent on the ends causing the bucket pin bearings to wear, break, always in a bind etc. Is it possible to bend them back strait or will they break? Or would it be best to bend/reweld the bucket pin connections on the bucket to match the loader arms. Thanks,

Replies8
  1. #1Tfolger2023-10-19 18:53

    Both bent to the right

  2. #2Georgia Iron2023-10-19 19:49

    Push on a tree in the opposite direction they can straighten out. I bend mine on a 953 often when I push on trees or stumps to hard. Especially when pulling trees towards the machine. I typically watch for it and bend them back so they don't get to far off. Happens to the bucket also. I would not be scared too bump it hard in the opposite direction You might need an excavator to pull on it andput the arms on a tree on the side so only that area gets force

  3. #3Tfolger2023-10-20 08:23

    Ok thanks!

  4. #4Tfolger2023-10-30 19:10

    Ok I have them bent back straight. I have about 1/2-3/4โ€ space between the bucket ears. Should I put shims in to fill the gaps? How tight? Thanks,

  5. #5CM19952023-10-30 19:25

    Do you have any pics? I bought my 953C new in 2004 and it's pushed many a tree, pried on untold rocks, demo'ed a couple of buildings and moved more earth than I can remember and never bent the loader arms.

  6. #6Tfolger2023-10-31 06:22

    Do you have any space where the arms attach to the bucket ears? Or is it shimed tight.

  7. #7Welder Dave2023-10-31 17:56

    Not sure on a 943 but may use o-rings/seals to help keep grease in and dirt out of the pins which would explain a small gap on each side. I also find it very odd that the loader arms would bend. Even on my small 931B the loader arms seem fairly massive.

  8. #8CM19952023-10-31 18:59

    No shims and no space to speak of. There is a washer on the outside of the pin at the bucket but that's it. Here's a schematic of a 953C BBX series loader arm and bucket. Not familiar with 943's