Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 950 F II hydraulic oil level warning

digs2 · 2022-06-09 18:45

My 950 is throwing a warning of low hyd oil ? Oil is full and I just replaced the filters , wondering whats involved in getting to the level sensor ? I see a sensor on the lower region of the tank , looks more like temp by location ?

Replies10
  1. #11466IH2022-06-09 18:56

    Do you have serial number?

  2. #2Nige2022-06-09 20:02

    Is this your warning light panel.? Which one is lighting up.? Is the SERV CODE icon on the RH side lit up as well.? Also need the S/N.

  3. #3digs22022-06-10 17:06

    I will get the sn #, sorry I don't have it handy . Thanks for the quick responses !

  4. #4Nige2022-06-10 17:12

    S/N makes a lot of things easier but if you can answer the questions above regarding which warning lamp is lit and whether the SERV CODE icon is on we can make a start on helping you.

  5. #5Süleyman2022-06-11 13:21

    Nige, You are a very very good a adviser.

  6. #6digs22022-06-15 21:31

    Ok , here's the sn# 8TK05288 . I apologize for not getting back sooner . Light is the hydrolic oil level , could be number 12 ? not certian . If the pictograph was showing I would be certain. Thanks !!!

  7. #7Nige2022-06-16 04:10

    If it is definitely #12 then that light is for hydraulic oil temperature, not level. Still need an answer regarding whether the SERV CODE icon is lit up or not.

  8. #8digs22022-06-23 06:11

    Ok , i had a chance to do another run test . Its light # 12 and a quick scan with my cat phone with flir is showing hot oil on the filter under the cab . I will try to upload the pics ? No code present , just light and buzzer with warning light flashing

  9. #9Nige2022-06-23 08:15

    OK, so it is temperature and by the sound of it the alarm is genuine. Approximately what temperature are you seeing at the filter.? What does the hydraulic tank temperature look like.?

  10. #10digs22022-06-23 19:46

    Nige , I found the level sensor and replaced it . Sure enough that was the culprit . temp was'nt that high in the tank zone . Once I unplugged the sensor it fired the alarm so I knew I was on the right track . THANK YOU!!! for the input ! I lucked out , milton cat had sensor in stock in milford , ma I messed with pics a bit this morning but wasn't able to get them out there? I don't rule the interweb that's for sure ! Now to figure out why the 225 stalls a relief valve when I croud in and curl bucket ? But not always ??