Can anyone tell me what year this 950 loader is? My friend was tols it was a 1966 when he bought it, but we are not sure. I don't have the serial number with me and was wondering if you could tell by the photos. I need to get a new windshield wiper motor for it and was wondering if the motors changed much from year to year.
Looks like a 950 81J, they were made between 1968 & 1981 IIRC
Clean machine Should have a Bosch wiper assembly which were common to a lot of equipment. A good jobber should be able to fix you up or even a salvage yard. Caterpillar would be pretty proud of it I'm sure if you could sort out the serial number. Single lever transmission control? Guessing newer than 66
Nice machine, if you still don't know the year of it. Check this website you only need to type the serial number: http://www.equipmentwatch.com/Quick...rpillar&sortOrder=2&pageNavigation=&sortKey=4 hope that helps
Machine that looks that nice and there is no S/N tag? Look on side of front frame, I believe right side but check both, above the point where the steering cylinder pin is located. Many times even if the tag is missing the numbers are stamped in the frame. Also is there a tag on the engine? Many of the older Cats used the same S/N for the engine and machine.