I need a service meter cover. Mine has yellowed and the numbers are unreadable. Can anyone suggest a source the may have one. Thanks
Is this the type of meter you have..? If the answer is yes then you require a 9S-4131 Service Meter Window Kit. It contains a new window, gasket and screws. Try your nearest Cat Dealer or Offroad Equipment - www.offroadeq.com/
If I remember correctly, that particular model is held on by 4 small screws? If so, you can measure the thickness, find some plastic and have one made. Nige was responding at the moment I was. Is response is way better than mine, lol.
Yes it looks like the one but a reversed view. My full serial # is 90A2061 with the original engine. I believe is a D330, but have never found any numbers to verify.
SIS doesn't list the 90A S/N prefix but see if this looks like your meter: If this looks like yours I going to guess what you are calling the "cover" that has yellowed with age is what Cat calls the "window". Part numbers are a bit hard to read but the window is 1S3365, gasket is 9M3866 and the screws are 3S9557. I checked and the window is available second day to my dealer at about $24.00, gasket is in stock and under $2.00, did not check on screws. This parts break down I got is for the engine in the early 966C loader 76J series but those were very common meters back in the day on many machines.
Well I see three of us were working on this at the same time, hope one of the replies are what you needed to find.
That's the one. Just purchased this machine to replace a JD 644 for use on our farm. So far it appears to be in great condition, meter is showing 8880 hrs. Thanks for all your help, you will probably hear from me again as we continue to go thru the machine.
For fun I ran that number 9S4131 through SIS and it looks to be updated to a 1P4923 Kit for about $15.00 So I guess you need to confirm which meter you have, if in doubt maybe post a picture of yours so we can be sure. Sure wish SIS listed your S/N!
As Ken says 9S-4131 services to 1P-4923. The kit consits of: - 4 x 8S-1389 Screw, Pan Head 1 x 9S-3683 Window, Meter 1 x 9S-4138 Gasket, Meter So the Part Numbers are different to what's shown in Ken's illustration. Does the engine of your loader have a Data Plate on it..? If yes does it have an Arrangement Number..? That might help to track down what you are looking for.
You machine was manufactured in early 1967. Cat have a Parts Manual available online for $89. I would consider that a good investment. A paper one available on Ebay....... https://www.ebay.ca/itm/CAT-Caterpi...h=item56b0678551:g:lbMAAOSwo9VbF~TC:rk:4:pf:0 There is also an Operation & Maintenance Manual for $36 that would also be extremely useful to you. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Caterpilla...perator-Maintenance-Manual-Book-/372044730311 Also a Service Manual .......... https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Caterpillar...=item1eeca984f1:g:qx8AAOSwkfRbw1e2:rk:12:pf:0
I have purchased and received the operation/maintenance manual and a service manual should arrive this week. I will check on the parts manual now. What is the cat site which listed the parts manual you show? Also I can;t find a number for the transmission filter online. Could you find that for me? I would be very grateful. Thanks for the help.
The problem is that parts for your machine are not listed in Cat's online system because of its age, so unless someone has a paper parts manual kicking around that they can get some numbers from you're a bit stuck until you get a parts manual. For the Cat one I showed above, go to https://catpublications.com/ When the popup window appears, click on "Continue as Guest". Once the popup disappears, enter "90A" in the search line but don't click yet. Various options will appear, select "90a1-90a3142", then hit the Search button. The Parts Manual will be the first item on the list. You can download it direct from that site as an Adobe pdf document.
Ok I tried but didn't wait, so i got no results. thanks for the info . i'll try again.
Alternatively type "UE035870" into the Search Box and click ..........
The engine and transmission both use the same filter element part#. Part # 1R0659.
That would be the current replacement for the former 4W-4840 Element. Plenty of them on eBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/CATERPILLAR-OIL-FILTER-ASSY-4W4840-/153022072794
Thanks again for all the info. But just a heads up any downloads from Catpublications.com must be in Internet Explorer, not Chrome or others.
Thanks for the information. Did you get what you needed eventually..?
Sorry for the delay, Yes I received it all. Customer service at catpublications was very helpful.