Has anyone experienced transmission problems with their CAT 950M? We had issues with coil springs in the clutch packs failing at 4900 hours, specifically in 3rd gear. CAT service bulletin covered half on parts and labor for repairs. Currently at 6700 hours, developed a very hard shift suddenly from 3-4 forward upshift and 3-2 forward downshift. No codes, no metal in filter or magnet, clean oil samples. We have changed oil. Cat has recalibrated transmission shift, little or no change. Machine is a 2016 model year
Doesn't help much as there are 10 different models to choose from. Got a Serial Number.?
A quick look reveals that there were two upgrades on the wave spring. It would be interesting to know which Part Number of spring was installed in the previous repair.
950M S/N EMB02339
Spring part numbers that show up on invoice: 4567022 Spring-Freew (9 were used) 5496484 Spring-Wave (5 were used) PS53295 was applied in the repair (I assume this is the service bulletin number)
Would be beneficial to get gauges on the clutches involved in those shifts to see how the modulation valves are engaging and disengaging the clutches. We can look up and post any of this info if you don’t have access to SIS.
I believe the CAT technician has checked all the clutches to check and see how they are engaging and disengaging. Everything checked out from what the technician said. They've taken data records and have forwarded it to the factory rep as well. I will review the invoices to make sure and come back if I need the links to SIS
how did you go with this guys?
Ended up being an incorrect assembly of the clutch pack assembly for 3rd gear. A snap ring was installed in the wrong place, and was pushed off.
Let me get this right. Failure at 4900 w/parts & labour covered partially by a service bulletin. I imagine Cat did all the work.? Now a failure of the rebuild at 7000 on the machine, 2100 hours on the tranny,. I hope the dealer covered everything parts & labour for the 2nd failure seeing as it was their assembly error that caused it.?