Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 953 Center Break

rdp58 ยท 2019-03-14 13:45

Can someone explain how the center break works? I was on a hill with the loader and it started sliding. I was on a bad angle and both drives stopped working. The loader will not move forward or reverse. The center brake feels like it has no resistance going down but the pedal is up. So if the pedal is up, does that mean the brake is off? All help is appreciated. Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1kshansen2019-03-14 14:58

    Well to keep up the "Broken Record Theme" a full serial number would be very helpful when looking for information! That said I took a stab at it and just picked a random 953 and I'm attaching the text from SIS on how the Center Brake works on that one. No promises it is correct for your machine! It is for the 78Y01191 and up machines, sorry about the miss typing one the file name! But then the original poster misspelled "brake" so guess that's not a big deal!

  2. #2Georgia Iron2019-03-15 20:51

    More than likely your hydrostat needs oil if it stopped working on an incline..

  3. #3Tinkerer2019-03-16 09:11

    Isn't this the same problem you had previously ? HeavyEquipmentForums