Hello I have a earlier 953 05z model my right front idler is starting to make a high pitch squeak . I was just wandering if it will hurt to run it long like that. Doesn't look like any bearings are slam wore out .idler stays in position fine. I heard where the swing arm is u can tap that for a grease zerk will that help? Or simply is it going to have to be replaced? Idler is not getting hot . Thanks
You might think that but the noise is telling a different story. Not if you plan on replacing the existing idler assembly & shaft with a new ones.
Might want to look at where the idler pivots in the guard those bushings have a habit of wearing out and letting the idler rub
I had a rock get wedged between the idler and track frame and made a horrible screech. I had to break the rock to get it out. Have no idea how the rock got in there. Not sure if that could happen on your machine but any kind weird noise needs to be checked out ASAP.