I just bought a 953 track loader and ordered the service manual but would like to know the preferred oil types in transmission, final drive, hyd system, etc. Thanks in advance for any help!!
Which model of 953 exactly..? A, B, C, D, or K..? A Serial Number, or minimum the S/N preifx, always helps in cases like this.
Just 953. 77Y
Now we're cooking with gas .............. See the table below. These are now outdated specs because of the age of the machine. For engine replace CD with CH-4 or CI-4. For Final Drives & Pivot Shaft compartment replace TO-2 with TO-4.
Thank you that helps a lot! Is there anything that crosses with the HYDO 10w oil?
That is a bog-standard SAE 10W hydraulic oil. You should be able to get it anywhere.
That’s what I was thinking but just wanted to double check! Thank you for all the help!
I have another question now. I developed a leak on the transmission. I found the leak but need to find part number for the blown o ring. I am still waiting on manuals to arrive. Attached are a few pictures. It is on the right side towards the top of transmission.
It's a D-Ring Seal. From your last photo it looks like a 1P-3704. There are quite a few of them in the transmission lines on a 77Y machine.
That was it thanks for all the help!!
Will this chart work for a 953 LGP with serial number 20Z?
Yes it will. I take it that you do not have an Operation & Maintenance Manual.? Were you aware that they are available for download from Cat in pdf form for $49.? Loads of useful information in the O&M, not just lubricant specs. Especially true on a hydrostatic loader like yours.
Thanks Nige, I will have to check again for the manual. I have a hardcopy parts manual, but when searching for the operations manual on Cleveland Brothers it's saying it can't find any data on my serial number. It seems like the publications on CATs site isn't working right now either.
there is a Serial Number break at 20Z1750, or 20Z01750 depending on how the PIN plate on your machine is stamped. Is your machine above or below that number.? EDIT: Just checked and S/N above/below 1750 makes no difference. SEBU5758 is the Publication Reference. Download one as follows Go to - https://catpublications.com/ When the popup appears click on "Continue as Guest" Type SEBU5758 in the box and click Search. The illustration below should appear. Note that it's listed as for 20Z1-Up -from first built in other words. Paper and CD versions attract S&H charges on top of the posted price, a download is available immediately.