Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 953 won’t move

Winchester59 ยท 2015-10-11 11:28

I have an '84 Cat 953 LGP that starts fine, lift and bucket hydraulics work fine, but when Powershift is engaged, nothing happens. This is a farm machine that I have owned for 15 yrs., TT 11,000 hrs., with 600 on a rebuilt engine. Never had any problems with the transmission. It has been sitting for 2 months, having worked fine when I shut it off. Fluid levels are all good & ground is dry under the machine. Powershift knob has normal resistance when moved. Any thoughts on where to start trouble shooting would be appreciated!

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2015-10-11 12:43

    If it's been sitting that long have you tried lubricating/freeing off all the pedal linkages, or even getting hold of the pedals and pulling them upwards..? The operation of the Hystat will be neutralised if there is a pedal sticking.

  2. #2Winchester592015-10-11 14:02

    Nige, I will give that a try, thanks!

  3. #3Nige2015-10-11 14:11

    If it gets to the point that you need technical information a Serial Number will be a great help.