I have a 2ZN10464 953C and it had been sitting for a while until I recently replaced the ECM. I had to calibrate the Pedals and F-N-R lever in order to get it moving with the replacement re-flashed ECM and what I have discovered is that the right pedal is all or nothing most of the time. In other words when I press the right pedal even a little the right track stops instead of slowing down proportional to the pedal position like the left track does (and the right track used to do). Also to note, if I have the F-N-R just barely moving forward then the right pedal seems to work as expected and regardless of engine rpm. I have recalibrated the RP several times now and while I don't recall the exact numbers on the digital readout, there was a good smooth range between pedal up and pedal down and based on seeing the pedal position numbers during the calibration moving smoothly as I moved the pedal, I suspect the pedal sensor is fine. Any thoughts of what to check? I haven't used this any in quite a few years and perhaps there is air in the system or I just need to run it a bit more. I plan to do a lot of catch up maintenance over the next few days and the fluids are all at their proper levels, so being low fluid isn't the cause. Because I haven't serviced everything yet, I haven't used it for any work yet since replacing the ECM but it feels and sounds just as powerful as it used to feel when moving forward, just the issue with the right pedal/track stopping. Thanks ~CB
I was just reading the manuals I have which are very good and complete but it is hard to find what I am looking for in them. In any case, it states when replacing the ECM to also calibrate the min. max, and synchronization for the track speed which I have not done. That will be what I try first. Thoughts? Thanks.
The machine Serial Number looks wrong. Are you sure you don't mean 2ZN01464.? It does make a difference because there is a Serial Number break at 2ZN01749, and as a result there are differences in machines above/below that number. No Active Codes now that you have everything calibrated.? Was the replacement ECM you installed the same Part Number as the one that was removed.? If not do you have the old/new Part Numbers.? Also do you know what software P/N was in the former ECM and what was flashed into the replacement ECM.?
Sorry, I am a bit dyslexic perhaps, yes it is 2ZN01464 as you stated. The only active code is the 030 600F08 (which I plan to investigate further and I mentioned in a previous thread) which I saw prior to driving it to my shop which was about 500 yards (~457 meters) or a little more away, but a Severe Thunderstorm hit on my way back so I haven't had a chance yet to check for new codes that may have occurred during the drive to the shop. I will do that in the morning. The ECM was the exact same Part Number as the one removed (132-2148-04) and I don't know what the former ECM software P/N was nor do I know what the replacement ECM software P/N is, but I was told that it was flashed with the latest available CAT software for this controller and for my machine, so it could be a later revision. I had to send them an image of the nameplate ID off the dash, serial numbers, and the engine information. They sent me a lot of images of the ECM and a short video of the man flashing it. I will see if I have that in my email still as I remember seeing some details in that video on the computer that flashed the ECM that may show the software version. BTW, the active code listed above comes from the hydraulic tank temp sensor in front of the cab and I noticed the fuel gauge went from full (which is correct) to empty a couple times on the short drive, so I suspect a bad connection may be the cause of the Hydraulic temp code and fuel gauge concern. I will know more after I inspect it all more closely in particular the wiring to that area as the fuel level sender is nearby that same area. Thanks ~CB
I have not calibrated the track speeds (min, max, synch) only the pedals and F-N-R. However I will plan to calibrate the track speeds, likely tomorrow.
I would suggest to get into the relevant Sub-modes that allow you to see the LH & RH pedal position sensor signals and compare the output of both as near as you can to check that the signals are the same.