Hi All we have bought a 955 k 57j 352 track loader, and as I haven't a w/s manual as yet I was after some information please. The rams are all leaking and I need to replace the ram packings as oil is just pouring out. Question 1 What size is the nut on [a] lift rams tilt rams [c] ripper rams. I am 2 1/2 hrs away from the machine. I read on another post that the piston may be on a taper on the rod ? 2 The motor has been replaced with 3304 di and the bright spark did not hook up the oil line to block just wondering where it goes? Also temp lines to head and radiator? the last owner stuck pine pallet through the radiator and did not replace shroud cover or grill. 3 The gear linkages are all tight, we have sprayed penetrine on all joints and loosened most. When I push through gears 1-3, I can't hear the detent click, so was wondering if I lift lid where linkage goes will anything fall off? 4 I need to adjust right hand steering clutch as it travels about 200mm. Left is only about 60 mm travel. Not sure if it is linkage or brake band? When this machine was first bought it was used in a cement works so pretty much covered in cement powder. Eng model 3304 DI Serial no 12z13924 Arraigment no 6D1246
on the nut deal, the lift and tilt are 3-1/8" your going too need a good impact wrench like 1" to break loose, i have broke them loose with a 24" pipe wrench ,do you have a harbor freight down under there pretty reasonable there but it galls the nut works in a pinch.that nut is about 1,200 ftlbs tq try too find a manual for your specific machine ,on the lines again the temp goes to the thermostat and the one too the rad is the old rad pressure not used any more, the pedal adjustments are at the back on the top of case 2 caps you will see them and below the floorboard threaded rods nothing will hit when lifting floor , on the oil line how big is it could be either the oil pressure gauge or converter cooler line ,on the detent of shifter, does it move with engine off, my 955 shifter stops when shut down but you should feel the detents when moving , shifter wont move unless engine is running, lid on top at shifter is just a cover no linkage there its lower in the tower about midway down spray oil from top, manual gives all instructions good luck
Your engine Serial Number was first installed in a 215 excavator S/N 4FC00488 built in June 1986. For the Arrangement Number 6D-1246 comes up in the system as a Clip. Are you sure it's not 6C-1246..? Either way it's pretty well guaranteed that quite a few things have been changed to drop a 3304 engine from an excavator into a tracked loader.
Hi fest777 Thanks for info on nut 31/8" is the ram shaft straight or on a taper? I will used a impact socket with 1"drive tee bar and put the bucket of the excavator on the bar to crack it. The oil line is for motor{ approx 1/8th in } I suspect goes in oil gallery on right hand side of motor. On the detent I tried it with the motor off, I thought I might be able to feel and hear changing through gear shifts. Thanks for other info as well.
bob g, its either or, some are tapered, if it is and wont come off, try a little heat , not over 220 deg. dont bang on the piston too much .the 1/8" line goes to oil pressure gauge i'am sure. put that nut on tight ,its supposed too be 1,200 ftlbtq or like 1,700 nm
fest 777 thanks for info I might see if I can press it of with porta power or ram a bit heavier I see how I go.
You are right Nige arrangement no 6c-1246. Made in Belgium.