Can anyone tell me what is going on with this pin? This is the pin where the safety link attaches also. I was attempting to put the safety link on and noticed it.
What model series is the machine and what is the serial number? It looks like the bushing is broken and the pieces are working their way out. I suggest you remove the pin and find out what is happening.
It's a 955K Serial #85J2362
How much play is in the loader frame and linkage? Looks like that pin is making contact with the inside of the frame when it retracts back into the frame. Take a peek inside the frame when the loader is up and see if it's been rubbing. I'd guess there is either too much play in that linkage or the pin might be working its way out a little.
There is some side to side play. It does look like it has been rubbing the inside of the frame. Can I cut the piece that is sticking up with my plasma cutter so I can get the safety link on? How much would it cost to have those pins replaced?
The pin is projecting past the end of the link. I would check that what ever hold the pin in place is still connected, the pin is hitting something. Correct the problem don't just cut the pin off.
I don't want to cut the whole pin. Just the piece of metal that is broken off. I need to get the safety link on so that I can take off the engine covers to do an oil change. That pin is where the safety link bolts to. The link wont fit over it with that piece of metal sticking up.
Take a hand grinder, 4-5" and trim away the broken pieces with a cutoff wheel, get your service done then get into that pin and figure out what is occurring.