Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 955H Seat Replacement

spikesantee ยท 2024-01-02 12:19

Greetings! I went out on a limb and bought a Cat 955H track loader. So far, so good. It runs good and does what I want. However, it needs a little work. This is a picture of what I got for a seat. To be fair to the seller, he had a boat seat sitting on this frame. I removed the frame and gave it a hydrolysis bath to remove the rust so the seat could articulate back and forth. This worked very well; look at all of the rusty-colored foam on the tank's surface. I've never done hydrolysis before. It's easy, and I plan to tackle a bunch of other rusty things around the place. I got the seat from WWW.FINNEYPARTS.COM . The service rep knew exactly what I needed. It showed up in three days. It looks like a factory original when installed. The nice thing is the seat moves back and forth very easily, giving me a variety of settings. This was a big improvement because the temporary seat was down too low to see what I was doing. Now, I need to learn how to drive this thing. Best wishes.

Replies4
  1. #1CM19952024-01-03 10:11

    Welcome to the Forums spikes! Glad to have you. Driven by Finney Parts many, many times. They are located across from our main Cat dealers HQ.

  2. #2Nige2024-01-03 11:07

    I would suggest that an Operation & Maintenance Manual might be a good first step. Post a Serial Number and I can take a look, they are not expensive. There may even be one available for download from Cat. EDIT: Actually it's simpler than that. "One size fits all Serial Numbers". You need SEBU6448. $52 to download from Cat.

  3. #3kshansen2024-01-03 16:24

    I'll second that one having the Op and Maint. manual, at the very least! Some might think $52.00 to down load a book is a lot of money but if it lets you know one thing that needs to be checked or adjusted it can save many times that. A heaven forbid if not knowing something that might be in that book causes you to have too call out a field mechanic from the dealer one time because you did not know something! Then that $52.00 will sound cheap! Might also want to contact Finny about a service manual, another bargain as it's only $95.00 for a 325 page manual! That's less than $0.30 a page!: CAT Caterpillar 955H Crawler Loader Dozer Service Technical Manual Book NEW 60a | Finney Equipment and Parts finneyparts.us

  4. #4Welder Dave2024-01-03 17:01

    I got armrests from Finney. They have seats and arm rests made up for a wide variety of machines. Really good to deal with.