Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 955L Exhaust Elbow

baddboyy21 ยท 2019-07-29 17:55

My exhaust elbow cracked and broke on my 955. Can anyone tell me the correct part number for the elbow? I could not locate a number anywhere on it. I have found 2 different ones that fit my serial number, 85K7564. They are 2P8912 and 3P0114. The original elbow had coupler part # 2P0221 installed in it. I also need the correct ring seal part # for the coupler. I have found an aftermarket coupler but it does not have the ring seal. Is it better to use the Cat version for $131 or will the aftermarket one for $25 work? Same goes for the elbow. Aftermarket is around $100 opposed to $450 from Cat.

Replies1
  1. #1Old Magnet2019-08-05 12:24

    The elbow that goes with the 2P0221 coupling is a 2P8912. This is for an 85J5067 & 85J5070-up Parts book does not show a ring seal for the coupling. I'd go for the aftermarket as there is no mechanical function involved assuming they are a decent fit from the land of "almost right".