I need to do a service on my 955L. It's serial number 85j7564. This machine has been sitting idle for a few years. I want to change the fuel filter, oil filter, air filter and hydraulic filter. Does anyone have the filter numbers? My machine is at my property 100 miles away. So I can't look to see which filters are on it. I am also changing the final oil. The trans and bevel oil look clear and clean and don't show signs of water. Anyone have any other suggestions on what to change or check? I've treated the tank with power service bio kleen and clear diesel.
Going by SIS these "should" be the filters: 1 of 2S1286 Secondary air filter 1 of 4M9334 Primary air filter 1 of 2P4004 Engine oil filter 1 of 1P2299 Fuel secondary filter 1 of 6N7617 Fuel/water separator filter 1 of 9M9740 Transmission filter 2 of 4J6064 Hydraulic filter These may be "old" numbers but any good source should be able to cross these to the current numbers. Just a quick look and I would suggest also getting the following seal/orings: For the transmission filter and suction strainer(really should remove and clean that): 1 of 2H3928 seal 1 of 3J1907 oring 1 of 8H7521 seal For Hydraulic filter cover: 1 of 5L5032 seal 1 of 2S4078 seal 1 of 6F4855 seal Note: Cat does use the terms seal and oring somewhat interchangeably so don't get confused if I wrote seal and the part come through as a seal on the package. This should give you a good start at having the items you will need.
Thanks! I really appreciate it!
I was able to use those numbers and order all of it online through Cleveland Brothers. Thanks again! Do you feel it's necessary to replace the transmission oil even if it looks clean? I ordered the filter and seal and plan to change that for sure.
Guess that depends on lots of things. Like how old is the oil? How much is this machine going to be used? Have you ever done oil samples. How do the filters and suction strainer look when removed?
Samples are a goto item on these machines, will tell-tale if oil/additives have broken down or is just due.
I went ahead and ordered all of the fluids for the whole machine. It's almost 100 gallons in various combinations! I just bought the machine so I want a good baseline to start with. Do you need to drop the belly pan to drain the transmission? I think I saw a plug for the bevel gear when I was under it the other day.
Would not hurt to drop them and clean them if you see a considerable level of debris but as I remember they stay up for regular service.
Anyone have tips for bleeding the fuel system? I have the manual but figured someone might have something to add.