Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 966B 75A series(1967)

nevilley ยท 2019-06-27 08:15

Hi, on my cat 966B loader wondering where the connecting points for the following gauges are , Fuel Pressure,,,,, Air pressure,( hooks up to the air tank I take it),,,,,Clutch oil pressure and Compressor oil temperature...

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2019-06-27 11:55

    Out of interest, why don't you post your enquiries in the Wheel Loader forum instead of here..? they might get more views that way, seeing as it's a dedicated forum for loaders. Second up, do you have a manual..?

  2. #2nevilley2019-06-27 18:44

    Now you mention it, yes I should of posted my query in the loader forum, never gave it a thought really....havnt got a manual, can get hold of a manual next week for the C model to check if similar or the same.

  3. #3kshansen2019-06-27 20:00

    I realize locating a 966B manual anywhere might be tricky and even worse in Western Australia but I would suggest checking often on Ebay or other sites. One of many things I wish I had thought about back when 966B's were phased out at the company is that I didn't think to latch on to some books, same for many other machines like the old Hough loaders and Michigan loaders!

  4. #4Nige2019-06-28 04:34

    Manuals for something like a 966B probably won't come up very often. It's not listed in any resource to which I hace access (C-model is the oldest). One thing I would suggest if you haven't already done so is to register on the ACMOC forum and ask there, it is a mine of information for older Caterpillar machinery. https://www.acmoc.org/