Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat 966C Guages

nevilley ยท 2017-02-24 16:59

Hi, on a cat 966C wheel loader, apart from the engine oil pressure gauge can anyone tell me what the other 5 gauges are for on the instrument panel , I think its the same for a 966B., Also where can i buy a service manual for a cat 966B.

Replies3
  1. #1wornout wrench2017-02-24 17:26

    Been a few years, but if I remember correctly Water temp Air pressure Trans temp fuel pressure Ammeter Haven't worked on a C model for many years, so I could be wrong

  2. #2kshansen2017-02-24 19:31

    Any chance of a picture or two of the dash? Different vintages of any Cat machine would have a different assortment of gauges but most likely the ones wornout wrench mentioned would be the common ones. That said knowing what a gauge is sometimes takes a little work translating the little pictures Cat uses into English!

  3. #3Rusted2017-03-01 01:09

    The 966B gauges were: Engine Oil Pressure, Water Temp., Fuel Pressure, Converter Temp., Ammeter, Air Pressure, and Clutch Pressure. The 966c had the same except for the Clutch Pressure gauge which was discontinued.