We just bought a mid 70's caterpillar 966c wheel loader. Runs good, has a 11 yard roll out bucket. Any thing I should know about these? Problems, ect.
Don't know what a "Roll out bucket" is but if it is 11 yards I'm thinking you are not loading crushed stone with a 966C! Would guess maybe sawdust? A mid 70's 966C if it's had good maintenance over it life should be a good machine, fairly basic systems not too hard to fix when needed. Brakes are simple air brakes very close to what an over the road truck of that vintage would use and many of those parts are available at any place dealing in trucks. 3306 engine is about the easiest diesel to work on I have seen. Post some pictures. If you need operators manual info give us a S/N and one or more will be able to email you any info you could need. Also don't know what you paid but those bring big money at auctions even ones that are nonrunning and missing major parts. Just out of curiosity did some looking online and here is an example: http://www.rockanddirt.com/equipment-for-sale/CATERPILLAR/966C/invnum=37495117
We use it for barkdust and sawdust. It came with a manual. A roll out bucket adds length, raise the bucket clear up, then another lever tips the bucket up. Used to load semi trailers. You could find a video on you tube.
I did take a look at one, interesting! How about posting a couple pictures of your "new" loader. Hope it looks better than the one in the link I posted! I've always like the 966C's, used to be many in our company used to load out stone for customers and feed black-top plants. I even "borrowed one" one day we had a bad snow storm to clear out my driveway. Sometimes it's handy to live 1/2 mile from the plant and no one is looking. Would not dare to do that with current management people!