Hello everyone, Does anybody know if there's a conversion kit available to convert the Vane pump in a 977H to a gear pump? My pump is going to need some attention soon and I was hoping there might be a gear pump conversion available to stuff in there... Thanks!
Spitz, try sending a PM to either tctractors or Bob/Ont here on HEF. Both of them are really clued up about Cat tracked loaders and if anyone's likely to know the answer to your question it would be either one or both of the aforementioned gentlemen.
Don't see a gear pump attachment option until a 977L 14X model.....part of a hydraulic arrangement with fire resistant fluid #9J8767 Gear Pump Group.
That gear pump appears to be a 2-bolt fixing. The OE vane pump is 4-bolt.
Thanks guys, I guess I'll price out a rebuild kit and repair my vane pump when time permits...
Hello Everyone....I also have same issues reagrding to my pumps. I got the answer by seeing here. Its a nice conversation was here and helped me alot to resolve my issue also.
There are replacement cartridges for the vane pumps from other places than Cat. Most of those pumps were Vickers. If you take it apart there will be a number on the cartridge ring and an arrow. The arrow tell the rotation and the number is the GPM. Some contractors put a larger GPM cartridge in them to increase the speed of the bucket lift and tilt. You will probably have to replace the shaft only be cause the seal most likely cut a groove in it and a new seal won't hold.
Thanks for the info Maurice! I'll look into it when the time comes!